www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:19 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST185 CS/RC
Wasn´t such a big problem so I don´t regret the purchase. Only needed thicker plates for the rear fixing and more proper plates for the floor pan.

Safety Devices was the only manufacturer that had a rear cage for the ST185 so the only alternative would have been to had one build fully custom. That would have cost more money and would have been more difficult to manage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:34 pm 
Group N

Today after work a mate from work helped me lifting the cage into the car and bolting the passengers door back to the chassis. Bolted the cage only temporary as I ordered nicer looking and stronger srews yesterday:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:23 am 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
I look forward to seeing the new carpet in. I have black recaros, and I think less faded black carpet will look better. Also the company here that makes floormats for the 185 makes them in black. Their gray isn't a 100% match, though they have a charcoal that may be possible to match by going a shade or two darker on the carpet.

http://www.noritoy.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:12 pm 
Group N

The carpet is already in the car. Had to put it in before the side panels where put back in place so I could fit the cage.

I know your Recaros. Remember who told You about the Bride rails on Facebook and You bought the EU spec mirrors from ? That´s me. :D

My mainly black Recaros where the matter I´ve dyed the carpet black too. Think it will match way better than the grey carpet.

I´ve bought high quality, charcoal grey floormats two years ago. Hope they will look good with the black carpet:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:10 pm 
Group N

Finished the interieur this week. Have been a lot of hours after work in the last days but the deadline was a big local car meet yesterday and so I had to hurry up.

Had to made a new floor as the old one out of plastic panels didn´t resited the extreme temperatures. This time I´ve choosen wood plates, 6mm thin light three layer wood for the front floor and 8mm thick wood compount plates for the trunk. Gone this way to receive a trunk floor that is capable to carry my luggage for road trips. Also integrated four removable stainless steel loops I can fix the luggage to.
The front floor sits lower than the last one as I wanted a less massive look and a more even level instead of a ramp. The front floor will also receive a helmet box from OMP in the near future to store my racetrack shoes and cloves and smaller luggage. Luckily I could modify the old aluminium framework that carry the floor so I didn´t had to build it new.

The floor with the addidional ramp area between the two main floors with the plates srewed to the aluminium framework:

Ended up in a nice result, I think:

Front view with the new Takata harness belts:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:07 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
That looks really nice - very clean and neat install.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:04 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Great quality of work. Looks terrific!

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:13 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
Very neat result man. Looks like you're still able to put in the parcel shelf as well, for road trips? I always missed having some storage out of sight in the CS after I stripped the rear.

If it ain't broken.. it soon will be

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:45 pm 
Group N

Theoretically I could, yes but I´ll have to stick the brackets for it back into the suspension dome covers and put the hooks for the strings back onto the tailgate.

Oh, and I´ll would need to buy a parcel shelf again as I sold mine years ago. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:35 pm 
Group N

Finally tested the last mods on the street I´ve builded my car for and was very pleased with the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfDVz4jCAM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12