www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:26 am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 pm 
Group N

Car Model: None
Hiya All,

Just a quick post after popping down to Chris's yesterday to catch up and see the last bit the Duck Clutch you all helped with being worked out and checking to see if i still fitted in the seats due to the prosthetic, wether my 'new' leg or foot would get in the way and things like that before the final finishings ( well on that part anyway lol )

http://vimeo.com/60238617

As you can see from the video it is and feels as strange as it looks in that you press/pull ther lever on the gearstick ( sorry I forgot to video that bit as it was very cold but i am amazed that i rememebed to take any video at all tbh as i hadn't had the intention of doing so but then i wanted to show you all and was sure you would be as impressed as i was )

In the engine bay there is even less room now as it has another extra servo plumbed in there for the clutch and behind the drivers seat a large control box with an ammended spring in there due to that having to be changed because of extra resistance on the cable not always allowing engaging/disengaging of the clutch.

Operating was a lot easier than i had anticipated with just light pressure on the lever and the clutch pedal depresses, release slowly and it raises slowly. release quickly and it raises quickly so you have complete control over it as you may be able to make out

So after a nice little chat and me trying it out breifly ( couldnt do too much as the car had the brake servo disconnected ) I tried it rather gingerly and yes i did manage to stall it a couple of times but i think it will not be too bad to get used to. Anyway... there you go... I wanted to yet again thank you all, show you all how things were progressing, wanted to thank Chris ( and everyone else ) for his (your) massive efforts and expertise and hope that very soon i will be driving her so just wanted to share with you all
Cheers All.......sorry for the rushed post but wanted to do this before some important stuff i got to do but really wanted to get this up here

Any questions i will gladly try TRY to answer and may welll read this back through and add stuff anyway as i am rambling again !!
Hope all your projects are coming along well :)

Chris ( Jingo )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Just watched the video, that's really cool. We definitely need to have a meet down your way once the car is back on the road and your driving it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm 
Group N

Sounds good....though not too near my place as i wanna do the drive to the meet in her :)

He's done/doing a great job isnt he :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm 
Club Staff

Indeed - lots of good places down your way, wont be too hard to find somewhere nice.

Chris is/has done a great job, we were chatting about the car yesterday at the curry meet, I didn't realise how far along it had got. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:45 pm 
Group N

Ahh yes... Chris did mention that it was the night of the curry when we went down there ( i am not suggesting all Chris had on his mind was the curry but it did come out inb conversation lol)

Its funny isnt it ... we all never appreciate where we live as on the way over to Chris's i said to my son that i loved sriving over that way as there were so many nice driving roads even though i know there are a few over this way i just remembered that it 'seemed' better over that way and i suppose because our everyday roads are just that, everyday roads we fail to appreciate them

Yes itds suprising how far it has come along,,, I am just ( well both Chris and I ) were hoping we can get it al done before the MOT at begining of April to avoid all the hassle of getting it taxed and MOT'd being that she is still up there....looks like it might just manage it barring any more problems....Plus for that to me would mean it would be a go'er for meetings once i attemot to tidy up the bodywork. I am hoping that i will just about be able to do some things like that even if it is in small bits at a time.. and once again Ezzzy would become my focus/objective to getting out of these four walls once again which can only do me good.

When i called Chris the other day i did mention my idea of me maybe doing a European road trip following a rough route i did on foot many many years ago next year assuming all was well...ish, but that may be a bit too ambitious. One can sort of dream can't one and that is way off in the distance especially as i cannot even plan day to day at the moment but it is something i would like to try to do...rough it back round Europe etc.
But for now getting her back on the road, Taxed and MOT'd, with me driving her regularly as a daily driver as much as i can and a few laps round Castle Coombe is my objective car wise alongwise maybe getting a ST162 Auto to replace my Pug for the simple reason i have never liked it

Ok thats it for now all... have fun all and i hope the curry was good :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 pm 
Group N

That looks a great job and very controllable, cracking work Chris :D

[color=#000080]ST205 WRC 1994
Hybrid turbo
Apexi AVC-R
Apexi Power FC (Not being used ATM)
Apexi Power commander (Not being used ATM)