www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:59 am 
Group N

Car Model: None
As this seems to be the only room I can post in I will put it here & let a mod move it to the correct location... or delete it which ever comes first :lol: :lol:

Ok here is my “on paper” fuel set-up I am looking to put into my car.
I know I am a long way off running this kind of set-up with my current tuning level but theres nothing wrong with having the idea & parts all ready to go for when I do 8) 8)

I am thinking 850’s to go into the rail but I am wondering if the OEM rail is ok or should I be looking at an up-rating item??
Has anyone any comments on the pressure levels I should be looking at between the Cell & Swirl tanks??
I was thinking of duel feeds from the Swirl tank to jectors but think I can get away with it by running a higher pressure… any views on this??
All comments & views gratefully received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:01 am 
Group N

Ok the pic isnt working, just slap the URL into another web browser :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:30 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
LOL,

If I move it then you can't reply either

Hmmm, tempting though. I could just drop a few teasing lines in and leave to to fume for a bit LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:44 am 
Club Staff

Anyhoo,

Slightly more constructive

You will not have any pressure per se between the taqnk and the swirl pot

The tank should be open to atmosphere so that the level can rise and fall without creating a vacuum and increasing the fuel pump's workload

This means that effectivly the swirl pot and tank are at the same pressure since both are connected and both should be sitting at atmos pressure

That said, most systems in EFI cars do seem to breathe a little slowly so I would imagine that there will be some pressure but on a scale of 1-10 this should be insignificant

My plan (having researched this a little but not completely LOL) for my system which will use the stock fuel tank:-

Use the stock in tank pump as the lift pump into the swirl pot. The stock pump can handle lower pressure at a greater flow rate so should be more than adequate to keep the swirl pot full

Install a new high press/flow pump either in the swirl pot (not a common solution but this would help to keep noise levels down in a road car) or inline with the injector supply lines in the more common fashion

As for fuel rail I think the anser is not sure

There have been a number of flow experiments done (google for wolfkatz) that show that 800 is around the territory where the stock genIII (i.e. 205) rail might show some slight pressure drop at high duty cycles

For me this is another one of those mission critical areas (aren't they all LOL) where if I was investing the money into an engine which was capable of using 800+ injectors (i.e 400+ bhp) I would not even hesitate to run a dual feed rail
However, the evidance tends to show that with a suitable ECU you should be able to trim out any slight irregularities with some individual cylinder trimming to allow for the rail pressure drop

If you find Wolfkatz they have a UK distributor. Last time I looked a month or two ago they had a sensible looking deal for a dual feed rail and 4x850cc Siemens injectors

****edit********
HERE you go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:23 pm 
Group N

:lol: :lol: @ first comment!!

Humm interesting...

The wolfkatz rail looks good, checking their write-up the rail can handle up to 1600cc jectors (Although I don’t think I will ever have the jet engine to run them) which is a good expansion percentage should I outgrow & need to replace the 850’s.
850’s also seem to be the shelf limit before needing custom supply & return lines.

So a Wolfkatz rail with custom dual feed it is then… Just need to make sure my Blitz 850’s are top feed before hitting the buy button :P :P

Interesting comment on the OEM fuel pump, I will have to look around for some flow figures, could save a few pounds.

Cheers for the comments Steve, it’s good to know I am sort of on the right lines here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:54 pm 
Club Staff

THESE ARTICLES from WolfKatz are worth reading too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:40 pm 
Group N

I am running siemens TF 850cc inj with there rail and the car is over 500 bhp, so i guess this setup works rather well me thinks.But if you require more power than that then a duel pump arrangement is required.
Hutch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:53 pm 
Club Staff

Hutch, what sort of duty are you running your Siemens TF 850's at for 500bhp? Have you upped the rail pressure to get this sort of performance?

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:51 am 
Club Staff

Sorry for jumping in Hatch ;)

Don - Hutch is running an Aeromotive FPR, base pressure unknown. Wolfkatz rail with top feed injectors and a Walboro fuel pump stuck on the end.

The FPR even has a pretty gauge on it :D

Seems like quite a nice setup :)

http://www.gtfours.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:24 am 
Club Staff

Great stuff, the Aeromotive is just such a great looking piece of kit.....group buy anyone? I hope to be able to run my stock rail with an Aeromotive, side feed Sard 800's and Walbro to 450-500bhp.

Saves going top feed as the new rail and TF injectors are big money unless you are lucky and find them on fleabay for a knock-down price.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:45 pm 
Group N

TrackToyFour wrote:
I hope to be able to run my stock rail with an Aeromotive, side feed Sard 800's and Walbro to 450-500bhp.

Exactly what I have Don - though I only have the pump installed currently. Injectors and FPR are ready to go when I get some spare cash for (a) Pirtek or someone siilar to sort out my braided hoses for me and (b) new ECU :roll: I have so many bits squirelled away now just waiting to go on the car its getting silly :oops: :?

Cheers,
Mark

"Don't make me come over there"