www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 pm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 am 
Clubman

Car Model: None
iv had my ST205 a while now and when i brought it i asked if it had been de-limeted and switched to mph the guy said yes but he didnt really have a clue i dont think lol,
my dash clocks still look like import ones they have kph only and 180 on the clock.

i have no proof in my EXTENSIVE folder full of reciepts which i think would be strange to not keep.

im pretty sure the spedo is out by 10mph all the way round the clock whats with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST205
Most conversions are done when the car is imported. If you have a sat nav then monitor speed against that as they tend to be pretty accurate.

Most cars the speedos over read, ie when the speedo says your doing 70mph your actually doing 60mph...the amount of over reading depends on the car (Nissans Micras are the worst I have come across), it also depends on what wheel size your running A ST205 with 225/40/18 wheel/tyre combo the speedo will only be off by about 1mph..the smaller your wheel/tyee combo the worse the speedo will be out by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 pm 
Group B

Drive at an indicated 130 up the motorway. The mirror will flash blue if converted.

Disclaimer - don't actually try this.

Re. The offset, if someone has removed the needle, they are very hard to get back in the right place as it doesn't sit at 0 when switched off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:52 am 
Clubman

Chris-de-Bear wrote:
Drive at an indicated 130 up the motorway. The mirror will flash blue if converted.

Disclaimer - don't actually try this.

Re. The offset, if someone has removed the needle, they are very hard to get back in the right place as it doesn't sit at 0 when switched off.

what mirror mate?
the clocks am standard so the needle should be fine unless its bin tinkered with lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:55 am 
Clubman

Insanity-74 wrote:
Most conversions are done when the car is imported. If you have a sat nav then monitor speed against that as they tend to be pretty accurate.

Most cars the speedos over read, ie when the speedo says your doing 70mph your actually doing 60mph...the amount of over reading depends on the car (Nissans Micras are the worst I have come across), it also depends on what wheel size your running A ST205 with 225/40/18 wheel/tyre combo the speedo will only be off by about 1mph..the smaller your wheel/tyee combo the worse the speedo will be out by.

its defo 10mph out all the way round.
iv done over 100 on the clock and it feels pretty quick not 60 lol
i have 18s on i know they cause you to have an inacurate spedo also so the car does less miles cus the wheels am bigger lol