www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:03 pm 
Group N

Car Model: None
Well I managed to get the new injectors out and at the same time managed to pull the seating grommets out :( which was a right royal pain as try as i might being unable to feel the grommets left me failing for 2 hours !!

Managed the following day to get them in and the rest proceded to go pretty much as it should,,,,or so i thought,,,,albeit very slowly. Only for today to realise I had connected the cold start connector to the IAT sensor....argggghhh...so thats now got to come back off again
Been a bit of a pain day really as still waiting for my addmission to hospital ( just want to get it over and done with now tbh ) and what with thinking i had nearly managed to get Ezzy all back together again and hadnt was annoying

Another more serious thing i noticed was that I recently bought some "ebay special" front drop links of which i replaced for the MOT only to see today that one of them had sheared off of the anti roll bar....no nut, no shaft no nothing... was lucky i noticed it... had torqued them up properly as well... teach me for buying cheap ones i suppose so i have to order some more of those

Well there is my little update... bit hot and cold one really ( not liking this too hot weather.... i am even more like a snail lol)

Hope everyone is doing fine :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:27 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Interesting about the eBay drop links. I bought some for the rear of my car, I haven't put them on yet but will have a close inspection of them before I do.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:46 am 
Group N

They seemed fine....looked good quality because I remember thinking that for the price i was quite amazed really.....I only replaced the front ones but i think i will junk the other one and replace both as have no confidence in these ones now. I must admit they were probably the cheapest ones on there as iirc there had been a discussion a few weeks beforehand about if ebay ones are ok.... the general consensus was that no one had had a problem with getting cheap ones so went for it, or i could of just been unlucky

I'm just glad i was lucky enough to of spotted it though i must of driven it like it for some sort of distance and i suppose i was lucky the only miles i have really done have all been "gentle..ish"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 pm 
Group N

Found out today how much front drop links were from Toyota £74.25 !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm 
Group B

Tcb is your friend.

Consequence of a drop link going is minimal, just a slight change in handling balance near the limit.I wouldn't rush to change a good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 am 
Group N

Mine was split so i needed to change it for the MOT and thought i may as well change the other at the same time

yes TCB is on my list to call today..... If not then i will try another Ebay set ( especially reading your words Chris )

How are you by the way ? Still very busy?