www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 pm 
Group N

Car Model: None
Hi all
Not good news but not unexpected. Confirmation this afternoon that the let is definitely going...no real choice in the matter. So thoughts regarding Ezzy are very real on whether she can be converted or ought to be sold off....so close
One so so thing is I have 6-8 hours out if hozzie tomorrow and Sunday so will do the drop link tomorrow if I can and Sunday have a last drive (think may even be a celica's meet over at Brighton so there's a good note to go out on

Just thought is let u all know and again thank you for all your help and may ask again regarding the clutch/auto etc
Cheers guys..... Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Sorry to hear that Chris.

Random thought of the day...
Swap clutch pedal to accelerator position
Fit very simple hand controlled accelerator and use right foot for clutch and brake with electric line lock for brake to do hill starts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 pm 
Club Staff

Chris,

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope it all goes ok.

With regards to what Steve said, my uncle had a similar setup in his Honda jazz after he had a stroke.

All the best.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm 
Group B

Sorry to hear Chris.

You have my number if / when I can do anything to help.

As far as car mods go, I'd wait & see how the foot goes and see what you're capable of with what you have left. You may be pleasantly surprised and find you can still operate a standard clutch, if not I'm sure we can come up with a fairly simple scheme that will be practical.

Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:40 am 
Group N

Thanks Chris and everyone else, ...funny thing is (or weird) is that the amputation hasn't got me down (as of yet) I think because I know there was really owt I could do about it....what I suppose worries me other than silly little practical things is that I know Ezzy forced me to do stuff so kept me from wallowing in all the crap as such and without that 'focus' of something that is where the danger is as I still will have all the neuro problems and restrictions to deal with.. THAT is where my concerns are..the leg is more matter if fact... very weird, but then I am quite pragmatic about things

Anyway.. thanks for support, wishes and ideas and will keep u informed. I still like the duck clutch idea as another bonus on that is that it should be able to be transferred to another vehicle relatively easily if ever the case arises meaning just a one off payment for the system itself then fitting afterwards....ahh well, we shall see what's round the corner.... off to Brighton in Ezzy today :) take care guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:00 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST185
Really sorry to hear your news Chris.

I do hope you had a good trouble free day with Ezzy.

2005 Jaguar X-type 3.0 Sovereign AWD Automatic
Blood Bikes - https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 am 
Group N

Thanks Nigel
Yeah was good to get out and bar realising I had forgotten to attach one of the intercooler pipes (as you do) and then losing my prescription sunglasses when I stopped to rectify the matter, she ran well really. Brakes I need to attend to, and have a double check over front suspension I think, something doesn't 'seem' quite right thou I had changed my shocks since last time I drove her so wud feel better double checking.

Going mad in hospital with them just passing me pillar to post and they not just getting in with things...once everything was decided just want them to get on with it really as much stuff to do (flat has actually been sold now and landlady messing things about)

But... that's life I suppose...am hoping to.get a date for amputation today with any luck at least then maybe if its in a few days I can get home in-between maybe for some of the day, or they may say "right we'll do it today" .... but we'll see. Was really good having a good drive in Ezzy. AND the seats are very comfortable for a skinny butt like me lol...need to get 2 red or black 3 point harnesses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 pm 
New Poster

Alright mate sorry to hear about your situation. I was looking at this some time ago for a project I have going on, not sure if this is what you mean by a duck clutch but reading about your situation reminded me of it http://motorsport.magnetimarelli.com/PD ... v2.0_p.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm 
Group N

Thanks Woosh.....downloading it now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:45 pm 
Group B

To update this thread.

Chris has now lost his foot and is recovering in hospital.

A 'duck clutch' as per the video link earlier in this thread has come up for sale secondhand, and the seller has agreed a discount and withdrawn from sale to allow the cash to be raised.
A number of CCUK members are having a whip round to try to raise the cash.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/inde ... 1-jingo11/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motabilty-ele ... 671wt_1185

In my opinion, this is a proven system that ticks all the boxes, including the 'red tape' ones where DIY jobs are likely to be frowned upon.

If anyone wishes to make a contribution, Chris's paypal address is:

Jingo11@bigfoot.com

Many thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:07 pm 
Club Staff

Thanks CDB for the update and linky.

All the best to Jingo and so sorry to hear your news m8.

It is probably worth starting a specific thread/sticky to detail what it is for and what to do to chip in towards the duck clutch. I am not sure how many are members on celicaclub and can access teh thread.

To summarise Jingo has managed to secure a used duck clutch (hand operated clutch) to allow him to continue to use his ST165 at a discounted rate from an ebayer - £1000 is required to purchase said item.

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 am 
Group N

Hi all, just to let you know i managed to get the clutch and CDB was good enough to pick it up from me today on his way back from a job (with a detour) so Thanks to him.

I was discharged yesterday evening and am back (housebound) at my flat until i can find somewhere more appropriate to my needs to live...but its better than being in the hospital

Will be interesting to see how well this "duck clutch" operates but does look like a good quality piece of kit so fingers crossed.

Should hopefully be measured up for a new leg in about 3 weeks time and then they have to fit it 2 weeks after that so a possibility that i could be trying it out a lot sooner than i thought( could possibly be a slight delay on the "sizing up" part of things as wound not fully healed

So both Ezzy and i hopefully on the way upwards maybe :) Hope alln your projects are going well and look forward to catchng up properly soon

Cheers all