www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 pm 
Group N

Car Model: None
Nibbles wrote:
Also hats off to the CCUK community who have rallied round and stumped up the cash to buy the duck clutch and provided emotional support for Chris.

Two very special clubs in their own different ways IMO.

Couldn't of said it better Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm 
Group B

With Chris now recovering well and looking at being mobile again soon I've been putting some effort into this project again, having reached a stumbling block before.

The fundamental problem is that the clutch is very heavy and the duck clutch isn't powerful enough. I'm guessing it's a non standard clutch.

The pedal has an overcentre spring attached which pushes upwards above halfway and downwards below halfway to assist pushing and therefore make the clutch lighter. I have uprated this spring now by a fair bit and the system does work - just. The pedal is still heavy but I'm worried about increasing the spring tension further as it'll probably just end up bending or breaking it's mountings. I'm going to run it around locally this week and see how it gets on.

My idea of the second master cylinder attached direct to the actuator would remove the sponginess of the cable & pedal but would not get the assistance of the overcentre spring so may end up in the same boat.

Another thought that has occurred to me is to use a remote servo unit, as used to be fitted in the very early days of servo assisted brakes. Does anyone have any experience of these, particularly whether they add a significant amount of pedal travel. (Bote point is down in the carpet already).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 pm 
Group B

Been running the system for a while now and still not 100% happy. Now done some research into remote servos.

http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/servo.htm

e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en