www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:48 am 
Clubman

Car Model: ST205
Hi Guys,

I have posted this on the OC too.

As some of you may be aware, my Mother lost her battle with Cancer at the beginning of July.

Towards the end of her fight, she was looked after by Thames Hospicecare (http://www.thameshospicecare.org.uk) at their Windsor site.

The care she received whilst there was second to none and was a huge relief to the family that she was being cared for by professionals 24 hours a day. The support they offered us was also amazing and very comforting during this difficult time.

As a small way of giving something back to them, I have decided to do a 13,000 feet sponsored tandem skydive on Sunday the 28th of September (weather dependant) in March, Cambridgeshire. The normal way of doing this through the Hospice involves a company called Skyline Events, I am not doing it this way for the following reason; Skyline charge £70 for making the arrangements for the jump which involves them calling an airfield and giving my name. I refuse to give money to a company that makes profit form charities. If I had of gone through Skyline, I could have claimed back the cost of my jump (£220.00) from my sponsorship money but I am not doing that, I will consider my payment to be my donation.

I am asking you guys to sponsor me to raise as much money as possible for this amazing charity, I have set up a page for online donations here: http://www.justgiving.com/nathanlowndes

Please visit the page and donate as much as you can. Feel free to email me for more information is you wish: st205wrc@hotmail.co.uk

I will be getting a DVD made of my jump which I'll post somewhere afterwards for you to laugh at/ view.

Thank You Very Much

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:25 pm 
Club Staff

Nathan you have PM :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 pm 
Clubman

Thanks Mike, its much appreciated.