www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:42 pm 
Group B

Car Model: None
I decide to wash my car. As I start toward to the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first, but then I think that since I’m going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of soda that I had been drinking. I’m going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the soda aside so that I don’t accidentally knock it over.

I see that the soda is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the soda, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye–they need to be watered.

I set the soda down on the counter and I discover my reading glasses that I’ve been searching for all morning.

I decide I’d better put them back on my desk, but first I’m going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight, when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it’s on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I’ll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day; the car isn’t washed, the bills aren’t paid, there is a warm can of soda sitting on the counter, the flowers aren’t watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can’t find the remote, I can’t find my glasses, and I don’t remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m really baffled because I know I was busy all day long and I’m really tired.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:10 pm 
Club Staff

Every day!
Fatherhood is great fun but any real progress is non existent.

Add to your list someone running around, making a mess faster than you can tidy and moving things about in between the general "tidying by osmosis" as we call it (moving things back to their rightful place as you go to another room). Then you realise you are holding too many things to open the stair gate and have to go back down stairs to offload some stuff so you can open the stair gate.... then you forget what you were doing and someone shouts that they need their bum wiping so you just drop everything you are carrying on the stairs/hallway before the bathroom is covered in poop and resembles the aftermath of someone with a whirly-splat attachment shoved up their bum.

I've been trying to send back some trousers for the last week which requires me to print off a postage label and take it to the post office. Someone has pinched all my work paper to do colouring in and make paper airplanes last night so I can't print off a postage label any more. Off to the shops for some peace & quiet and maybe I will remember I need some paper whilst I am there. At least I have now fixed the car so I can drive to the shops (which prevented me doing it earlier in the week), come home print off the label and drive to the post office as the local one is being refurbished.

Life just seems so damn difficult some days. I feel your pain!

Life with a threenager and the obligatory "chin-ons"/strops because the toilet roll doesn't have a pattern on both sides (just the one) or their teddy bear won't sit up and do what he's told is great fun most of the time but also hard work if you actually want to do anything productive.

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:07 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST185
Now I now why I never had kids :) ....
having a dog is mind blowing enough :lol:

2005 Jaguar X-type 3.0 Sovereign AWD Automatic
Blood Bikes - https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:17 pm 
Group B

Diceman wrote:
Every day!
Fatherhood is great fun but any real progress is non existent.

Add to your list someone running around, making a mess faster than you can tidy and moving things about in between the general "tidying by osmosis" as we call it (moving things back to their rightful place as you go to another room). Then you realise you are holding too many things to open the stair gate and have to go back down stairs to offload some stuff so you can open the stair gate.... then you forget what you were doing and someone shouts that they need their bum wiping so you just drop everything you are carrying on the stairs/hallway before the bathroom is covered in poop and resembles the aftermath of someone with a whirly-splat attachment shoved up their bum.

I've been trying to send back some trousers for the last week which requires me to print off a postage label and take it to the post office. Someone has pinched all my work paper to do colouring in and make paper airplanes last night so I can't print off a postage label any more. Off to the shops for some peace & quiet and maybe I will remember I need some paper whilst I am there. At least I have now fixed the car so I can drive to the shops (which prevented me doing it earlier in the week), come home print off the label and drive to the post office as the local one is being refurbished.

Life just seems so damn difficult some days. I feel your pain!

Life with a threenager and the obligatory "chin-ons"/strops because the toilet roll doesn't have a pattern on both sides (just the one) or their teddy bear won't sit up and do what he's told is great fun most of the time but also hard work if you actually want to do anything productive.

Add large amounts of grumpiness to the kids and you've got elderly parents :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:49 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST205
clearly you should have washed the car first! :)

You could have then followed up the admin whilst drinking a self congratulatory cup of tea whilst admiring your gleaming Four on the drive.

But seriously though on-line banking might make life easier on the bills front, that and swapping all house plants for cacti :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:36 pm 
Club Staff

I simply plan to achieve nothing meaningful every day.

That way when I set out to go shopping and actually end up wallpapering the toilet seat I can go to bed basking in the glory of a plan well executed. Plus, as a bonus, I've created something to do tomorrow as I still need shopping........

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:02 pm 
Group B

Wallpapered toilet seats.

There's posh for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm 
Group N

Nibbles, that sounds like an accurate description of how my mind works some days!

I'm not sure why, but the last few years I have found myself sub-consciously trying to be more efficient with my time, and I'm not convinced it actually helps get anything done!

For example, if I head down to the kitchen just now for a brew, instead of a 3 minute process it becomes a 15 minute chore-fest as everything en-route gets moved/cleaned/binned as required! Sometimes at the expense of your original objective, due to time or forgetfulness! It's sort of like a well meaning form of ADHD.

Maybe it's the smart-phones and social media rotting our brains?