www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:55 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
Chaps'n'Chapettes.

Could there be a section for maintenance guide for various tasks on gt4s?

I find a lot of guides (across various forums) for fitting aftermarket parts which is great...but I can't seem to find guides for normal servicing work....such as Coolant changes, oil and filter changes, brake checks/fluid change, power steering change.....etc etc.
I know there are people who don't have to think twice about doing their service work but me for one being a newb to a GT4 would find it really helpful if there was a section or link to info. on the servicing of a 4.

Pics, write up's, opinions and methods on any nessesary task would be excellent and greatly of benefit to the likes of low level DIY'ers and anyone else doing their own service work.

Sorry if this Q has been covered before.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:08 pm 
Group N

make a list of the topics you would like a writeup done for and you never know, christmas could come early :)

the trouble with things like changing the sparkplugs is that once youve done it the first time its so easy you dont even think of it as a task at all, just a 10 minute job...

Sprint ST165 aka "The 500BHP Sledgehammer" #6 in the Toyota Sprint Series. GT3071 1.9bar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:08 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Hi Steve,

This is something which we are working on all the time

There are a few how-to giudes on the main website page. We are keeping them separate from the forum so that they don't get buried in amongst all the posts

If you want to send some pictures and words on your coolant change we'll be more than glad to post this up for the benefit of the rest of the community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:11 pm 
Club Staff

Steve,

There really isn't a great deal of this sort of write up in existance at the moment.

We are working on this though ;)

The problem is that you have to do the task to get the pictures for the write up . . .

so we need to rely upon the kindness of people like yourself who have offered to write up a certain activity and/or wait until the time comes so we can perform the activity again for ourselves.

There are one or two 'how to's' on the Club website, and there are more being written at the moment. So it is just a matter of time :)

Super White JDM ST205
http://www.gtfours.co.uk

Some people are like a Slinky .. Not really good for anything, but they make you smile when you shove them down the stairs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:34 pm 
Junior WRC

No probs.
I'll see if I can get some pics in the morning before I go to collect my studs/nuts from mr.T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:49 pm 
Club Staff

That would be much appreciated Steve

As Andy (and you yourself lol) said once you've done it it's a 5 minute job next time

When you're doing it the first time everything is such a thumping great pain in the bottom the last thing you want to do is take pictures and try to write down why it is such a pain