www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Quick update, picked up all the window fittings from Inchcape Toyota today and even managed to negotiate 8% discount :) Also checked regarding the foam riser block seals using the Part No's mentioned by CelicaGT2 and both sides are available so I ordered a couple of sets. Initially got the same response of it was an 'optional part' but I pointed out that my 1994 UK spec ST205, one of the first 100 to be imported into the UK, came with the riser blocks as standard. He went away and check and found everything available within three days from Toyota Belgium main European distribution centre. Also ordered a couple of ST215 throttle body to side feed plenum gaskets but they are ex-Japan so will take approx. 10 days to arrive.

Having the EPC printouts and discussing about the GT-Four with parts counter guy shows what can be done. As Mike says, if you show a bit of enthusiasm and banter with the guys it can make a difference. I asked him why they had taken the EPC terminal away from the parts counter and apparently there is a new Toyota parts web site going live in the near future which is replacing the disc based EPC system. Apparently the quality of the diagrams on the new web based parts system is quite poor. He asked me where I'd got the EPC from but I gave a suitably vague reply just to be on the safe side!

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:36 pm 
Clubman

Car Model: ST205
That's great! Thanks for that. I will go back and press them to look for them a bit further.

Thanks again :)