www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:40 pm 
Clubman

Car Model: None
Hi guys just a quick question. I'm replacing my lower control arms at the moment. I have removed one side but I couldn't seperate it from the plate. What I did was remove the control arm and banana arm both attached to the plate and I will take it to work and press the lower control arm ball joint out. I am not replacing the banana arm but as I have removed it from the car should I replace the crush tube. They are very cheap so the price doesn't bother me but I need the car for the weekend ideally and they wouldn't be delivered In time. I presume you can't purchase these from anywhere like dingbro? I would usually just reuse them but this is one job I never want to repeat lol. Thanks for reading

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:17 pm 
Clubman

Also one more daft question. (I like daft questions) I was being kinda rough with the hammer trying to remove the arm as I was getting slightly angry. Namely letting the control arm dangle by the one ball joint on the plate and all other arms attached. What are the chances iv bent/damaged something else and what? Like I said I'd hate to finish this and realise iv damaged something else. Sorry for the dumb question please forgive me I'm a learner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:49 pm 
Clubman

Last thing I feel I should mention is that the crush tubes were replaced about 8 months ago for uprated ones and they don't look all that badly worn really what exactly do they do and can I test if they still do ther job in any way?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:48 am 
Group B

Assuming you just pulled the crush tubes out they will be fine being the uprated ones. Standard ones are normally destroyed.