www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:28 pm 
Clubman

Car Model: None
Right this isnt going to be an easy one i don't think, i converted my other halfs 185 to rev 3 engine, ecu, turbo the lot a little while ago and has been running faultlessly ever since, now over the past week has been having some issues when its cold it stalls out when you stop, checked error codes found out i had 14, 21,23,24 checked through sensors had found a couple of issues that i rectified then was just down to error codes for o2 sensor and inlet sensor on the manifold, but still it was doing it, but now sometimes it starts and when its warm it will just cut out and then doesn't start again, i thought perhaps fuel pump so i checked voltages and ran a direct feed to the pump but it still works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i know just because i have given the pump a direct feed and it works doesn't rule out the fact that it could be on the way out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:00 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Have you checked codes again after the issue. Interested to see if the 14 returns indicating a fault in the distributor or wiring

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 pm 
Clubman

Car Model: None
problem solved turns out where I had use the 205 igniter and coil along with the bracket I hadn't secured it properly as they are slightly different to the 185and I wasn't aware it use the bracket to earth itself to the body, a massive massive thank you to Timothy Bill, Lou Brooks and Martin Kingston for putting up with my incessant phone calls txt and Facebook messages, you guys are brilliant for putting up with me and giving me all the help I needed, they could have said either bring it down and pay me to fix it or take it to a garage but they each took time out of their schedules to help me cheers guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Glad you got this resolved. Actually had the same problem on my car where I had all the bracketry powdercoated, the thing then wouldn't start and it took a little while to work out why!