www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Post subject: Reset Alarm
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm 
New Poster

Car Model: ST205
I have owned my '96 GT4 from new and everything is stock/standard Toyota, but I have a problem with the alarm...

The main battery was disconnected for a couple of hours (long story). Upon reconnection, the car alarm went off after a few minutes and I can't reset it. I can turn the alarm off using the small alarm key (yes, I still have it), but this immobilises the ignition/engine management. When I turn the alarm back on, the alarm sounds - though I can then start and run the engine - not much help though as the alarm sounds every 2/3 minutes.

Does anyone know if there is an alarm reset button/sequence for the standard alarm? I'm currently stuck 150 miles from home and I don't fancy driving the car across the country with the alarm sounding.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Reset Alarm
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:18 pm 
Group B

Car Model: None
None of my toyota pdf's have anything about alarms.

A bit of searching and googling shows the following possibles:

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/inde ... try1880391

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/inde ... m+%2Breset
Quote:
1. Disconnect negative battery terminal
2. Turn key in ignition to acc 3 position i.e so dash would light up if battery was connected
3. Wait till at least 30 seconds has elapsed since disconnecting the battery then reconnect the negative terminal.
4. Once reconnected press and hold both alarm buttons till the indicators flash.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/archive/in ... 42635.html
Quote:
I spoke to my friendly Mr T parts guy who suggested the following, and suprisingly it worked:

1. Open the drivers door and leave it open just in case the alarm turns on and locks you out!
2. Turn the ignition on to ACC.
3. Disconnect the positive terminal of the battery for about 5 seconds and reconnect as cleanly as you can (without sparking etc.)
4. Turn the ignition off
5. Press the black button. The alarm should respond. If not, try holding the black button for 10 seconds as per Ratboy's instructions to re-sync the keyfob to the alarm unit.

This should sort it, the technician apparently said sometimes you have to repeat this 2-3 times before it will work, but if the alarm unit is still ok then this should sort it out.
When I reconnected the battery, before I even took the keys out of the ignition it had started flashing the hazard lights so the alarm had already started working again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:20 pm 
Group B

Car Model: None
p.s. for gen 7 in case it works.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/wiki/index ... ramming_G7

Quote:
Key repogramming G7

CELICA KEY FOB REPROGRAMMING

1 open door, take key out...

2 insert and remove key from ignition 2 times

3 close and open driver's door 2 times

4 insert and remove key from ignition

5 close and open driver's door 2 times

6 insert key into ignition

7 close door

8 turn ignition from 'lock' to 'on' and back to 'lock'

if you do step #8

1 time it's for add mode - TO ADD A NEW KEY FOB TO THE SYSTEM

2 times for rewrite mode - TO ERASE ALL STORED FOBS ON THE SYSTEM

3 times for confirmation mode - NOT 100% BUT I THINK IT'S TO CONFIRM YOUR REMOTE IS STORED.

4 times for prohibition mode - TO TURN OFF ALARM SYSTEM

9 remove key

10 then door lock will cycle 'lock' and 'unlock' a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step #8

11 press lock and unlock button together for 1 ~ 1.5 sec then release

12 then within 3 sec press lock button for 1 sec then release

13 if you did correctly door lock will cycle once...

if wrong, twice... then do it over...

For Imobiliser encoding if you can't start the car.

1. Simultaneously depress and then release BRAKE & ACCELERATOR Pedal 1 time 2. Insert existing master key* into ignition do not turn the key 3. Within 15 secs depress & release ACCELERATOR pedal 5 times (be sharp and firm) 4. Within 20 secs depress & release BRAKE pedal 6 times (be sharp and firm) 5. Remove Key 6. Within 10 secs insert new key into ignition do not turn the key. 7. Within 10 sces depress and release ACELERATOR pedal 1 time 8. After 60-80 secs Security light will stop flashing, and new key is registered 9. Take out key and depress and release BRAKE peadal 1 time 10.Key should now start car

make sure you have the master key and not the valet key, the master key will turn out the security light straight away, the valet will glow red then go out, do not use this one, I was successful with a normal key fob too as long as when you put the key in the security light goes out straight away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:31 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST205
If all else fails it may be time to fit a new alarm, after 20 years alarm/immob electrics tend to become unreliable. I had a new one fitted with all the paperwork for £250 in half a day, on the drive, while I was at work. This included removal of the old OEM alarm and still gave me remote central locking. I opted for a toad AI606 and it gets you small discount on your insurance as its thatcham cat 1. If you are interested and live in the south I can recommend the guy that did it. Obviously not a proper solution, but if you are still having grief it may be easier to just get it replaced.

In the meantime you can try cutting the wires to the alarm siren. My Mothers old Landrover alarm started screeching randomly due to decrepit wiring and I just cut the wires as a temp fix, with no effect on the immob.