www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 pm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
There's only two lines to the fuel rail. One feeds pressure in on the nearside end (from fuel filter) and the second from the pressure regards via hardpipe to hose (next to main pressure feed) to hardpipe on the bulkhead near the charcoal cannister

The second hose on the fpr, pointing vertically up on the topmost of your two pics, is the vacuum line that controls fuel pressure, connected directly to the inlet manifold. If that was connected to the tank then fork knows whats occurring there but its possibly very bad

Best case I can think of is that someone hooked it to the manifold via a connection on the charcoal cannister. This might be OK but it's not correct AFAIK

However if it was piddling fuel out of that vac hose I'm completely at a loss s to how it could ever have been correct. Unless it was connected to a vac source and the FPR diaphragm is humped allowing fuel to pass from the fuel rail to the pressure hose

It sounds like there's something pretty messed up going on

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:13 am 
Club Staff

Hmm, I really need to compare to another ST205. It would also help if someone could post pics of the fuel and vacuum lines to/from the fuel pressure regulator on this thread. I believe the vacuum line is what controls the regulator rising rate fuel delivery under boost so you can imagine my confusion with the plumbing on my car :oops:

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: None
Don,
I think the regulator has been fitted and rotated more than normal and possibly as a result of the different washer as cdb indicated.

I think that the hose you are replacing is the fuel return but has had to omit the use of the hard line as the fpr is on the *bleep*. I also think the hose you are replacing is correct and will run absolutely fine when fitted.

As a check - identify if another vac hose is fitted to the fpr, I bet it is pointing downward and should be the far end of the fpr "top hat rim". If you find a vac hose here as suggested you are good and it is just the pics/odd rotation of the fpr throwing people off.

Drop me a text if you want me to have a look.

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:17 am 
Group B

Car Model: None
The vac hose is .much smaller diameter and plumbs from the top of the fpr. to the manifold on one of the 2 tiny fittings pointing downwards just above the fpr. This does indeed control fuel pressure proportional to manifold pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:07 am 
Club Staff

JP, you are right! Just been out to check again. I have the small vacuum hose from the top of the FPR connected to the downward point pipe on the manifold as described by Chris. It's difficult to see behind the engine to where the fuel return hard rail should be but I think it must be missing and Smithy just used a length of standard 5/16" SAE 30R6 fuel hose for the return line to the tank when he fitted the replacement engine. It's not like Toyota to leave fuel hoses flapping around in the breeze! Thanks to everyone for their input :D

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp