www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:06 am 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
I found the problem - it was with the actuator preload, just a little adjustment and we're on for 3.5k.

Any ideas on why the torque is dropping off so quick?

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, and the earth brought forth grass and the Rastafarians smoked it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:13 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Quote:
This works out to be 373 at the flywheel. Not a bad starting point

Unless I'm reading the plots wrong the figures qoted are at the flywheel? That appears to be what it says at the top of the plot :D

But that not being the case you'll still not be seeing 373 at the fly. The hub pack thing, from what I gather typically sees circa 15% less at the hubs than the fly.

Still suspecting a creep issue unless you have a major major leak - which I think you'd hear. Can you actually hear the turbo spool before 4 1/2k?

Sounds like something fundamental is wrong to me. If the figures are flywheel then I'd expect it to be making more.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:51 pm 
Junior WRC

I've spoken to Thor - the figures are from the hubs, when i spoke to them last night they said to add 35% to get the HP at the flywheel. However i have received a mail from them this morning that states:

The figures are 100% at the hubs. The Dynapack software assumes you will add some "transmission loss factor" tlf to make the compensation back to Flywheel. We never do and leave tlf = 0. This means that the figures are hub figues. Saves arguments over how much loss one person thinks there is compared with others. Just a software printout thing.

Take your figure and scale by 1.25 (if you assume 25% loss for 4WD)

So new figure is 346HP.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, and the earth brought forth grass and the Rastafarians smoked it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:11 pm 
Club Staff

hmm, IMHO any different style of dyno shoudl only be used for comparison before and after mods - I know from watching a standard ST170 Focus on Power Engineering's rollers taht once they had applied their standrad measured loss's they actually obtained a flywheel 171bhp which was not staged!

To assume any loss figures is a risky business - they should be measured or not quoted imho. It is difficult to establish them especially at teh hubs.

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R