www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 pm 
New Poster

Car Model: None
Woundering if any one has come across this, my car sounds as though it has got a wheel bearing just starting to go, drivers side ( been like it th last few years but does not seem to be getting worse, it's not to loud)
I have had my local garage look at it a couple of times and they can't find where it's coming from and it always sails through its mot's.
Any ideas would be appreciated, it could be a bearing or is it something down to something like tyre choice ?
Anybody had a similar problem ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 am 
Clubman

When I had a wheel bearing on the way out, the noise was ever so slightly more noticeable in a slight sweeping 40mph+ right bend as it loaded up (NSF bearing)
It isn't mainly evident at circa 40mph on cold days is it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 pm 
New Poster

Can't say I have really noticed, it gets a bit louder the quicker you go but nothing to bad and it has not seemed to get any worse over the last couple of years! The garage I use are normally spot on with this sort of stuff, they even say it sounds like a wheel bearing but are not sure which one, all I am sure of it's from the the drivers side, I did n't want to start changing them unless we could nail it down to a specific one, I had wondered about drive shafts, but in the next breath I have had cars that have been receptive to certain brands of tyres that have made the road noise less. I thought if I am not careful I could just keep chasing this issue and not solve the problem.