Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Post subject: Drive Shaft Issues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:43 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Daz,

Glad you managed to find us :)

As said in the greetings thread, changing pads and disks isn't too bad a job really.

There is a write up on how to change disks on the Club website which you will probably find useful if you haven't done it on a GT4 before.

As for drive shafts, we are going to be doing the driveshafts on my 205 in the next few months, so if i get some good pictures, I'll do a write up for that (but NOT until the weather improves!!!)

Why don't you try ACE, down at the little industrial estate opposite Collingwood. . . . he seems to be a pretty genuine sort of bloke and is fairly reasonably priced. I am sure he could help you out.
Give him a shout and see if he could look at your exhaust and drive shafts for you?

Super White JDM ST205
http://www.gtfours.co.uk

Some people are like a Slinky .. Not really good for anything, but they make you smile when you shove them down the stairs!

Last edited by Loosey on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:19 pm 
New Poster

Car Model: None
Hi Loosey,thanks for that.

Havent heard of ACE,will get a number and give them a bell.thanks

May see if i can sort out the driveshaft before june,as want everything to be good when i get to use it.And the is a weird noise so want it sorted asap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:55 pm 
Club Staff

Darren,

Is the wierd noise a woo woo woo sort of noise? If it is, then I'll put £££'s on it being knackered drive shafts.

You may also hear a tick tick tick from the wheels as you go round corners, that'll be the CV joints on the shafts (possibly minus a ball bearing or 2!)

I managed to get a set of 2nd hand drive shafts of a 205 that was being broken. They are probably ok to fit on as they are, however I am going to get them inspected and/or reconditioned (if required) before they go on. It costs a bit, but I think for the peace of mind, knowing that they are pukka, it'll be worth the extra cost.

Plus I'll know that they'll be as good as new and I can expect to get another X thousand miles out of them before having to worry about any new noises!! :lol:

Super White JDM ST205

Some people are like a Slinky .. Not really good for anything, but they make you smile when you shove them down the stairs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:05 pm 
Club Staff

http://www.amkauto.co.uk/ specifically say that they overhaul driveshafts for the 205...

Think the procedure is to send them the driveshaft via a Motorfactors as they do not deal direct with the public...boooo! £75 per driveshaft last time I enquired