www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:03 pm 
WRC

Car Model: ST205
unfortunately i am swamped at work and am working 6 days a week 12 hours a day so i cannot come. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:54 pm 
New Poster

No worries Dale, we will be doing another one next year Bud and hopefully we can catch you then :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 am 
New Poster

Car Model: None
Just got back from the pub .. This weekend there's a cider festival and live music ... You have been warned ; ) Chris.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:28 am 
Group B

Live music with cider. Got to be wurzels or similar :lol:

Should be a good weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28 am 
New Poster

Hello peeps..This is how i'd hope we could get things done over the weekend...Arrive around 1 or 2ish,tent pitchin , couple of drinks etc . With a view to get up the pub around 6:30/7 o'clock ( parking could be hard even then ) . Get navers away around 8ish ( approx 2hr route ) . Enjoy rest of night ; ) .... Sunday .... Up and ready by 10 , breakfast in Abergavenny bus station ( give the bikers something different to look at ; ) Then head of untill approx 4 o'clock .... That sound ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:49 pm 
Club Staff

Have fun this weekend those who are going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:50 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: ST185
neil and tim :( , really sorry guys to do this but events have deemed this weekend a no can do :(. sounds like i'm gonna miss a good one too ! was looking forward to it, hope to make yr next event . have a good one guys....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:55 pm 
New Poster

Not to worry Buddy - as above, we plan on doing this again next year but much earlier into Summer so we can get the better weather......

We hadn't really planned on this one but there was so little going on in and around The Midlands and I was desperate to get away for a weekend so I kinda talked Nell into it hehehe.

Anyhow, your more than welcome at the next one mate :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 am 
New Poster

Hi all,

I am sorry to say but I have to cancel this event.

Nell had an accident in the car last night and is in no shape to be able to carry on.

Nell is OK, shaken up quite badly but the main thing is that he's OK.

If you know the phone number of anyone else who was due to come, can you please let them know that it's cancelled, or just call me on 07745 149 522 or my Sarah on 07745 149 523 and I will call them.

Please do NOT CALL Nell, I assure you he is OK.

Sorry Peeps,

Tim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:35 am 
Club Staff

No worries Tim

The importaint thing is Neal is OK. Wish him well from me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:08 am 
New Poster

Car Model: ST185 CS/RC
Awww shucks! Not to worry. The main thing is that Nell is ok.

I have spoken spoken to CDB and Dan (black gt4, lives near castle coombe) and it looks as though we are going to arrange an alternative camping night for tonight.

We are looking at steeple leaze campsite on the purbeck - BH20 5NY. A beautiful site which allows campfires.

So if you guys are still up for a drive, camping and a campfire, post up or drop me line on 07966 549481.

The hamper is packed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:18 am 
New Poster

Hi all,

Not the best post from me but you'll hear about it somewhere so better it comes from me first......

Sadly, my 185 is no longer with us. Amazingly, she never took the two people she was carrying at the time to the grave with her - testament to how strong a 20 year old car can be - Thankfully.

The first words from the recovery vehicle driver were "I have seen less damage and it's caused a fatality"

I had loaned Nell my car so that we could do the Welsh event that was due to take place today. Sadly, he lost control of it last night and it left the road, clipping the hedge on the left and riding up over the branches and small hillside - It then jumped the rest of the 6 foot high hedge , landed parallel to it on the other side in a field full of sheep, turned in to the left and then rolled over 3 times.

Nell's passenger, Joe remembers the passenger door coming open and being thrown from the car as far as the seatbelt held - The last thing Nell remembers is putting his hand out against the windscreen just before impact. Nell too was thankfully wearing his seatbelt.

After seeing the passenger door folded in half, and the passenger seat bolster flattened and poking out the side of the car - The resting place of the windscreen and how close it is to where their heads were I am sure you will agree that these are two of the luckiest people on the planet today.

I can honestly say, that when I arrived at Nell's house this lunch time I was truly happy to be able to say "It's good to see you mate" - If my car had of taken his life and Joe's, it would have left 4 kids without fathers, and two wives without husbands.

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Both Nell and Joe amazingly walked away from this terrible accident - Nell suffered a 1 inch cut to his hand, Joe suffered a small cut to his head and grazes to his arm. Both are battered and bruised and hurt all over and still in shock.

Have a look at the pics below and I ask that you join with me to wish both Joe and Nell a swift recovery - The car can be replaced ....... It would be impossible to replace either Nell or Joe.

Get well soon guys. Me & My Sarah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 pm 
Junior WRC

Holy crap, that must have been quite an impact.. Good to hear both driver and passenger are ok, though it looks like they've went a bit north of 30 mph..

Shame about the car ending like that :(

If it ain't broken.. it soon will be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:56 pm 
New Poster

though it looks like they've went a bit north of 30 mph..

We had just left the village by about 30yards,changed from 3rd to 4th,boost kicked in with a vengance,car swerved very slightlly left,clipped grass verge,i attempted to pull her straight,but the next thing we know she's taken to the hedge..
We were going 40/50 tops..
Both of us are battered and bruised but nothing else ...Thanks to everyone for their concern...
It dosn't get much closer than this...Thank god..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:57 pm 
Group B

Sorry for all involved, hope evrything resolves ok in the end.

Above all else, glad you're ok Nell. Look forward to catching up with you all sometime soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next