www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 pm

Post subject: WRC Germany 2011
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:08 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
Last weekend it was again time for the German round of the WRC around Trier. After a hot start (30+ C all days) some serious rain set in Sunday near the end of SS16. After winning the Rallye Deutschland 8 years in a row, Sebastian Loeb finished 2nd after team mate Sebastian Ogier due to a puncture on SS14.

With some good results from the Dutch teams and the relaxed overall atmosphere it was an awesome event as usual.

Final results: http://www.wrc.com/results/2011/adac-rallye-deutschland/final-results/

Click for some of my pics:

http://www.turbocelica.nl/wrcgermany11.htm

If it ain't broken.. it soon will be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Nice to see a bit of air :twisted: I see one of the drivers names was van Loon. I hope he entertained :D presumably another mad Dutchman.....LOL

Great result for Dani Sordo in the Mini. Clearly, nicking my track toy intercooler and radiator configuration has paid dividends. Did you get any geeky pics of the oily bits in the service park?

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
Unfortunately, not as much as I planned.. Fml. :( Mofos blank a lot off and there's at least 2 rows of crush barriers with banners in between the cars and fan area. Normally I can always get close to the smaller teams and investigate/chat a bit, but not much luck this year. I did get a lot of roll cage pics as inspiration for my build though, they all have a cross in the main hoop ("FIA cross") and tubes from the rear turrets to the centre of the main hoop now, instead of a conventional rear cross.

Few of the things I did spot/shoot; "WRC cars don't use pod filters" right? 2011 Fiesta WRC intake:

2011 Fiesta WRC rear shock absorber top mount:

2011 Fiesta WRC cockpit entry. All new cages have a door cross constructed of 2 'V shapes' instead of an actual cross with cut tubes as one diagonal (as mentioned in your Track Toy topic a while ago). Most of them had the fluid reservoirs mounted in the cockpit/pedal area as well:

2011 Fiesta/M-Sport WRC sump guards (standing up in a container, seen from above) behind the Stobart HQ. Notice the different finishes. All of them are fully closed (the one on the right as well), and made of I'd say.. 7 mm thick aluminium. The mounting points are separate alu bushings bolted onto the plates with countersunk Allen bolts:

2011 Fiesta WRC/M-Sport aluminium scuff plates/bottom protection. Same construction concept as the sump guards:

2011 Mini WRC muffler. Seems to be constructed out of heat reflective sheet material and contains a catalytic converter as well:

2011 Fabia Super2000 rear suspension/brake setup. Looks like Reiger suspension and Endless pads. Coloured paint marks on the discs which burn off at various temps, everything rose jointed and torqued/checked, big PCD, probably titanium hub carrier, the works.. :twisted:

If it ain't broken.. it soon will be