www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 pm 
New Poster

Car Model: ST205
Hi all,

It's been a while since I was down here at the DC but I couldn't miss this chance to let everyone know about some Group B Rally Action that is to be organised in Lincoln in August.......

I have an email from the organiser of the Rally Village and I'd like to pass on the opportunity to ALL GT4 owners to come and support our Rally Heritage at what should be a brilliant event........

Quote : "You guessed it their back!!! Yes you heard correct the Grp B monsters from the 80’s are returning on the Michelin Grp B Rallye on August 25/26th.
I’m organising a Rally show to run alongside the 2 day event, the venue will be Doddington Hall. It will be a spectator stage with two runs each day totalling 4 stages in all, the Show will be sited in view of the stage so everyone can see these flame spitting beasts hammer past.
The entry sees some exciting machinery with all cars from the era entered, with some interesting names in the pilot seat. It’s definitely not to be missed. The FIA & MSA are in full agreement that footfall will be really high and leave the WRCGB in its wake.

Regards
Darren Fox
Michelin Grp B Rally Show Manager
http://www.foxmotorsportevents.co.uk

Any chance Tim you could add this to your national events, not sure if you want to run it or get someone else to do it, let me know pal. but we need to move sharpish, only started to really put it out last night, lets just say fookin mental doesnt get close to it, I didnt stop until midnight last night and I havent from 8 this morning."

Unquote.

So........ There you are........ I know it's a fair distance for many peeps to travel but hey GROUP B ? ........ This isn't something your gonna see spitting flames around a stage every-day !

I'd love to hand this over to the Staff to roll with if there is interest from the Club, else, you'll just have to Don the Red & Black and come park up with me :-) Hehehehe. (Excuse the Pun but hey, I need to hand this one over) LOL.

Comment's below as always........

Kindest Regards,

Me & My Sarah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 am 
Club Staff

Sounds like a great event, shame it clashes with the Silverstone round of the FIA World Endurance Championship which I've committed to :(

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:01 am 
New Poster

Early day's for this one I feel....... Hopefully it can continue in "The Midlands" area...... We lost Chatsworth/Cornbury and this is the Best of The Rest that I can see in The Mids at the moment Don.

Sadly, I can't do anything about the dates, all I can do is try to get peeps there but here's a raised glass from me & I am sure the rest of the peeps watching this, that wishes you the "Best Success" for FIA WEC that you have entered :-) Good Luck Bud.

Invite still stands for those that would like to come and take part mind........ I have a pitch available for any GT4 Owner if they wish to come along ?

No details yet Re: Camping / Accommodation etc but as soon as I know more, I will update...... Still looking for someone from DC Mids Area to take this on, else you'll be left with little old me and my rather sad 202 :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 pm 
Club Staff

I didnt realise they had binned the Rally Show ? :cry:

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 am 
New Poster

Apparently, so I was told, it went bankrupt.... A shame, as there was some awesome machinery that used to race there as well.... It's getting harder and harder to find the same class of car's all in one place at one show up here of late :-(

Anyhow, for anyone watching, I need to make a change to the link I posted........ Google Maps managed to find the wrong "Doddington Hall"..... It's NOT near Lincoln as I posted........

It's just off the A51, not too far from Stoke on Trent where this one will be held... the correct link address is : http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sugexp=ch ... CEYQ_AUoAg

My apology for any confusion !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
Re: Grp B..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mXgWWNJVdYA

:D

If it ain't broken.. it soon will be