www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 am

Post subject: Toyota GT86F
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:21 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Seen at Castle Combe on Monday the Toyota GT86F Britcar Endurance Racer built by Rogue Motorsport. It has a Lexus 2UR-GSE from the IS-F putting out around 400bhp. ECU is a Syvecs mapped by Advanced Engine Research who designed the Life race spec ECU from which the Syvecs is derived. They had a sensor calibration issue on Monday so its re-assuring to know that even the pro's struggle with this stuff! I was surprised how unfinished the loom was compared to the one we have built for my track car. Perhaps it has been left deliberately unsleeved while they do the development work? They seem to be using MoTeC PDM's if what I am seeing in the passenger 'glove box' is what I think it is.

The engine looks very 'busy' and I'm not sure how much it all weighs. It looks to me like it might be a bit like the Japanese GT500 Super GT Supra which suffered from too much weight over the front axle with the 2JZ-GTE so they used a derivative of the lighter 3S-GTE mounted as far back as possible for improved weight distribution.

The gold coloured 'bracing bars' in the boot also seem a bit unnecessary given that the car has a full MSA cage. Perhaps its just for marketing purposes?

It's still early in the development of the car. Its only the second race outing for the car. Unfortunately it lost a wheel two laps from the end so unless the hub broke somebody needs to give the pit crew the Alex Ferguson hair dryer treatment!

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject: Re: Toyota GT86F
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 am 
Clubman

I remember seeing this in its first stages of being built it was just a shell and was a bit surprised when they said what they were putting upfront. From what I can remember it was a joint venture with someone else.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Toyota GT86F
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:41 pm 
Club Staff

Interesting! Knowing from my own build how much it costs to construct a car like this I'd be surprised if Rogue were funding this themselves. I'm sure engine dyno time at AER doesn't come cheap :twisted: There are more pics of the build on Rogues FB site.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp