www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Post subject: Nurburgring 2009
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:44 pm 
Group N

Car Model: None
ok Celica babe over at the celica club is organising a a trip to Nurburgring in August.

If people are interested, we can join them but the closing date is March 27th.

Details are:

When
Thurs 20th August 2009 - Mon 24th August 2009

Prices
St Margaret's Hotel,Dover (For those wanting to stay over in Dover on Wed 19th August)
£29.50 per person

Return Ferry with NorfolkLine - Dover to Dunkirk/Dunkirk to Dover
£49.00 per person

Camping - 4 Nights
£50.00 per person

The campsite we have chosen is the campsite at the Nurburgring itself and has full facilities including hot clean showers, they allow fires and is one of best campsites you will find and is situated 5 minutes from the ring and 15 minutes from Adenau town centre. For those wishing to check the campsite please have a look Camping Am Nurburgring

The Campsite we can not book in advance but we can book a pitch (we think), Once at the campsite everyone can pay indivitually.

Ring Tickets
around 21euros per lap or 4 laps for 75euros which makes it 17.5euros a lap

Below are other things that you will need to pay for but vary for each indivitual

Fuel - It is just over 331 miles from Dunkirk to the Ring so in total its roughly 660miles there and back,plus the miles from wherever you live and the miles on the ring, I have done a quick calculation from my house (York) to the ring and back again and it totals just over 1160 miles and works out at about £200.00 in fuel plus fuel for on the ring on top of that.

Food & Drink
Insurance for driving on the ring
European break down cover ( I strongly advise this)
General spending money

The Plan/Itinerey

Wed 19th August 2009

St Margaret's Hotel - Dover: For people travelling from the North, some of us are staying over in a hotel on the Wed night due to the long distance/driving, we will be staying at St Margaret's Hotel in Dover, everyone is welcome.

Thur 20th August 2009

Meeting point 7am
Ferry: Depart Dover at 8am & Arrive Dunkirk at 10am - Once in Dunkirk we set off on the 331 mile drive to the Nurburgring, this will take approximately 5 Hours and 45 Minutes, several stops to be made along the way. We should arrive at the campsite around 6pm depending on how many stops we have etc.

Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd August 2009

Your chance to drive around the ring, visit the mueseum, take a look around Adenau or just do your own thing but these are the days you will be able to drive on the ring.

Monday 24th August 2009

We will be leaving the campsite around 10am and making the 331 mile drive back to Dunkirk to catch the 6pm Ferry to Dover, we will arrive back at Dover at 8pm. Some people will be staying over at St Margaret's hotel again and driving home on the Tuesday, everyone is welcome once again.

So guys and girls, thats the plan of action, if there is anything you think I have left out then please let me know as we all know I can be a bit blonde sometimes.

This is going to be a great experience for everyone involved, weather you have been before or if this is your first trip to the ring. It will be a great fun time had by all and I am sure an unforgettable trip so make sure you get your name down.

Can we please keep this thread for information only and the list...please use the other thread for general talk about the trip, thanks Clicky

We will need payment for the ferry in March and no later than March the 27th, the final date to get your name down on the list will be March 20th

(Please Note - The ferry will be the only thing you need to pay for in advance unless you are staying over in Dover on the Wed night)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:14 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
I would like to do this but think we are planning on doing the international celica meet this year and we can't really stretch to the ring as well . . shame.
But certainly one to think about for next year!

Super White JDM ST205
http://www.gtfours.co.uk

Some people are like a Slinky .. Not really good for anything, but they make you smile when you shove them down the stairs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:20 pm 
Club Staff

Timing of this 'Ring event is very close to the usual date of the Swiss International meet. Maybe we could swing by on the return? All depends on funds available of course........

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:45 pm 
Club Staff

Gah,

Lemons, Nerdburkring and Swiss cheese meet. Would be all to easy to spend most of the summer outside good ole Blighty. Apart from the depletion of the bank account I'm not seeing a downside here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:00 am 
Group N

Car Model: None
Gosh you boys are busy arent you? I wouldnt had thought you'll have so many international events.