www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 pm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:26 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST185 CS/RC
I do not think I am suffering from 'wish-full thinking' but I'm trying to get cover of £3500 for each of mine (UK WRC and the CS). There are no 'engineers' up this way who can inspect and declare without paying horrendous sums!!!
I know that sheds are available for under a grand and super uprated cars can go for 6-7K.
Mine are both pretty original, only exhaust, boost controller and wheels have been added.
I have masses of history, right back to the purchase invoice for the WRC and proof of maintenance of it and the CS. They are both very tidy although the mileage is average for age (166 & 188k) both engines are sweet (people think this is high??? :roll: )
What do you guys reckon? Grateful for any input Ta.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:48 pm 
Group B

Car Model: None
From experience of a friend looking for a 185 recently, prices are on the up for anything worth having. More and more of the ones for sale are worthless knackered rot boxes.

I don't think £3.5K is unreasonable for either, however this would need to be backed by a thorough investigation of condition including paint & bodywork condition, especially an inspection underneath for rust. People never check under here or do anything to clean / polish / preserve. (Worth a look here anyway as a session with wire brush / treatment / rust primer / decent underseal can add many years to a cars life if caught in time. DONT just undereal over the top of brown stained mess.) Also a check of all the usual mechanical stuff - oil smoke from dipstick, oil condition & level, coolant condition & level. Clunks & rattles when driven over bumps.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:45 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST185 CS/RC
:) nice one. Paint and bodywork are spot on. MOT checks for rust have either proved negative or resulted in a 'small patch' I am well aware of possible 'cover ups' but have owned the cars for many years and know their condition :)
My oil is sweet, my other fluids are perfect plus I have no 'knocks' ... I even bought 2 '8's and a bottom arm for the ST205 when the price was right and not needed them ...:)
Just really looking for a consensus of value .. 'shrug'
Cheers Nibbles.