www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Last weekend, 22/23 March 2015 was the second running of the renewed Goodwood Members Meeting. Despite the name, the event is open to the public although the tickets are similar in price to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. We were lucky with the weather as it was dry both days however in the light breeze it was quite cold so I made sure I took my Arctic survival gear on the Sunday!

Kent Abrahamsons Toyota 87C was again running and was joined by Enda Garvey's Toyota TS010 Group C car which ran at Le Mans 24 Hour race in 1993. Enda Garvey has an interesting collection of cars including several Toyota WRC cars. I had an interesting chat with him where he revealed that he'd had to manufacture parts to get the car running again although he was a bit vague when I asked him how he had managed to prise a TS010 out of captivity and into private ownership! The car is now running a Life ECU and a Syvecs digital dash (Syvecs is a Life subsidiary) The dash is missing quite a few switches, presumably part of the original Denso(?) ECU.

On Saturday the car had a close brush with the tyre wall when it spun at Woodcote corner. I thought it might have been due to cold tyres but apparently it was due to the ECU map over-fueling the engine. It stalled then re-fired and caught the driver out. Some changes were made to the map overnight and it ran the demo laps OK on Sunday. I think the restoration is work in progress as they are not using closed loop control currently. This is a bit tricky to set up but it's something the Life/Syvecs ECU does very well.

Pics of the Toyota 87C to follow.....

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:34 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST205
Wow that cockpit looks like a tight fit, I have seen more inviting Iron maidens. Stunning looking car though.