www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:50 am 
Group N

Car Model: ST205
Thanks mate, yes can be done very cheaply - took about 25 minutes to do all the changes, a few screws and the dash comes out (you can even leave it plugged in as its possible to reach around the back and switch the LEDs, just make sure you check they all come on before you screw the dash back as they do have polarities) and the air con just remove the panels, unscrew it and flip it over, you can remove the white back panel but again its quite simple to remove the LEDs and refit without doing that.

Well pleased with dash cam as well, I didnt want to spend a fortune, so found that one which is well reviewed and 'best of budget' for £28 off ebay, I checked the product when it arrived and it was genuine not a copy which have been reported on various sites http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252049843411

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:10 pm 
Group N

Some new bushes on the gear linkage today :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:51 pm 
Group N

Fun meet up on the weekend with the GT-Four Sociale group from FB, basically all the people who have finally had enough of the OC mismanagement and time wasting that goes on there. Was a good meet up and good chat...didnt think my car looked out of place despite the heavily modified other Fours on display!

Good thing also from the weekend is that the car sailed through the MoT, no advisories and a new ticket until March 2017. Had to sort a couple of things, loose fog light bulb and a rattle coming from a loose wheel arch liner but otherwise spot on car happy days.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:24 am 
Group N

Oh so whats been going on! Many things.

Wiper blades needing redoing, so removed, sanded, primed and repainted

Ordered in a DA polisher, upskilled myself with some YouTube videos and got her looking mighty fine

Chrome Neo wheel nuts

Some high temp paint and had a go at some of the engine bay parts

Some chrome dials for the dash to modernise a tad

Tracking done at Wheels in Motion (top bunch of lads)

Starting to look a touch sexy now!

Roof wrap, in black - and yes I do wax my windows

Engine bay coming along nicely

Custom gear knob

And handbrake

Engine bay looking pretty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:51 pm 
Club Staff

You have been busy. I'm really intersted in the roof wrap you have done - can I ask - how 'shiney' is the finish on the wrap?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:00 am 
Group N

It's gloss black, I did try something like a satin/matte black but with the sunroof being glass it didn't look right. So it's pretty shiny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:25 pm 
Group N

And a little walk around video, should help you see what the roof looks like :-)

https://youtu.be/pHiinz-2EYQ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:05 pm 
Group N

Oh and you might notice the shortened throttle cable install on the last engine bay pic :-)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:37 pm 
New Poster

This is a lovely car! Wish mine had been something similar to it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 pm 
Group N

Thanks mate, I am looking seriously at putting a new front bumper on it next year, something like C-One or if I can get one a Eurou front lip.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:09 pm 
Group N

Just noticed havent updated this in an age. I was true to my word and a C-One bumper did indeed go onto the car :D

Some funky neo-chrome wheel nuts

Aluminium plastidip the interior to brighten it up and match up with the gear lever and handbrake

Engine bay looking very tidy now :D

I have a new set of grooved discs and red stuff pads to go on soon - I had a quick look and realised when checking the pads I have pagids on there with about half the depth left! Didn't realise previous owner put such expensive pads on, discs are a little worn but will most likely sell the lot once I swap it all over.

So really close to my vision for how I wanted it to be - the final thing really is do I add a little boost with an EBC. It currently runs with no boost modification at 281bhp, but 1bar might see in 300bhp...but a little worried this might increase the risk of damage to the engine.