www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:33 am 
Group N

Car Model: ST205
Had my GT4 for about a month now, thought I would get onto the forum for some chatter.

So far so good with the car, drives like a dream, 69k miles, one owner since coming into the country in 2009 who put a grand total of 800 miles on it. Regularly serviced at MK Autos and no expense spared on keeping it looking in great shape. Very happy. Col.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:46 am 
Club Staff

Hi Col, welcome to the club! Your ST205 looks immaculate and the pics really show it off well. Apart from the wheels is it stock or have any mods?

You are almost local to us so keep your eyes peeled for the next DC curry meet in Farnborough. Would be good to catch up.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 am 
Group N

Thanks Don, previous owner kept it in a secure lock up and modified it subtley which I really liked. So he had put in the TRD gear knob and TRD steering wheel and reupholstered the interior with leather. Engine bay has a few chrome covers, full samco red piping for both air and water. Magnecor lead kit and NGK iridium sparks. Braided brake hoses and had the calipers fully reconditioned including pistons and seals. Fig 8s done ARBs new. Replaced shocks and springs with KYB. HKS dump valve. HID headlights. I think it also has the later rear light clusters as well? So some really good jobs done on it.

The wheels...well he wanted dished and got these, I am not sure they really suit it but for now they are staying whilst I do a few other little jobs on the car.

It would be good to pop along to a meet...will do my best to attend around family commitments.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:48 am 
Group N

"Yep Mike and Barry, very useful guys to know if you need big jobs doing, they sorted out my ST205 to the point where it runs flawlessly and starts on the button. I even got to help (get in the way). :P

Well if you were to see the silver shed you would think twice before wasting polish on it :lol: - as it's mainly primer, looks more like a drift car than a ST205 at the moment and sadly It hasn't done much sideways action either. Anyhoo, be good if you can post up a thread some top GT4 detailing tips, I'm sure once I have some paint I'd quite like to make it 'pop'. So far I'm just making things Blaaaack! as its cheap!

Still good to know there's another new member kicking around these parts. what wheels did you get off Mike if you don't mind me asking?"

As this got moved (thought I had done something daft for a minute there when seeing it in two areas!)

When I got my GT4 I got a spare set of alloys, original 3 spoke with two winter tyres and two summer tyres on them - Mike bought them off me and picked them up from my house. Had a good chat with him about stuff.

Yes love cleaning cars, have a cupboard full of stuff from the likes of Dodo Juice (Supernatural hard wax ftw!) Nanolex etc. Always leather treat my seats every few months, metal polishes even got stuff which polishes the headlights :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:12 pm 
Group N

Great day spent with Mike and Barry at the South Coast Workshop doing a few jobs on the car this morning - super work and VERY happy with the work done.

Tein Springs went on - also replaced the strut tops, the bearings were a bit knackered.
Looks and handling hugely improved!

Also took off the insulation - made a huge difference to the sounds, can hear the BOV properly now and the turbo spool which was absent previously. Installed the bonnet lifters as well.

Had a nose underneath whilst it was up, looked nice and clean and rust free!

The moment of truth, backing it out the garage, did it look right...YES!

Awesome stuff from the guys, plenty of good banter, Barry clearly knew his stuff and was pointing out various things about my car which was good to know (like having a genuine TRD bodykit for instance, happy days)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:32 pm 
Club Staff

Have to say this is one of the nicest ST205's I have ever seen. Certainly the nicest I have seen in a long while. The condition is superb and it has clearly been very well looked after.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:43 pm 
Group N

Thanks again Mike, I am sure it will remain in great condition with regular trips down the A3 to the coast :D

After Barry confirmed that the spats and side skirts were genuine TRD kit I am now motivated to properly check out all the mods (including that suspected TRD short shifter :wink: ) this week to see what spec I actually have on the car.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:52 pm 
Club Staff

Have to say I agree with Mike, looking at the pics of the underside I've never seen an ST205 in such good condition. Almost looks like it's been garaged during the winter and never seen salty roads.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:57 am 
Group N

Thanks for the compliments guys - I did really like the GT4 when I bought it but it was missing something but since that visit yesterday its a different car altogether, better handling, a slightly more bumpy ride (which I prefer!), lower sporty look, insulation off has released the noises from the engine bay which really sound great.

Next steps could be a bass speaker for the boot (all the wiring is in place, looks like the previous owner had one in there before) and an EBC then stick it on a rolling road to get a read out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:44 pm 
Group N

Few jobs done today:

1. Got the sub installed and working
2. Sorted out the head unit so it was not on a constant live
3. Removed the TRD badge from the front of the car - was made of metal not plastic was surprised to learn
4. Put some red edging on the metal plate at the front of the engine bay that was rubbing against the rad (thanks for the look out on that Mike/Barry)
5. Installed the baffle into the exhaust (to keep the neighbours happy)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:04 pm 
Group N

Just a little play this weekend, cheeky Bulgarian mod to the bonnet vent and a custom lanyard to keep the bonnet low when on show

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:55 pm 
Club Staff

Looking good :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:54 pm 
Group N

Little tidy up and some chav-tastic stickers, hey they can always come off haha. Also got around to getting the OEM under trays fitted.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:04 pm 
Club Staff

Did you get the undertrays new? They look in good nick. You just need the oblong rubber blanking plug on the centre engine bearer to complete :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:31 pm 
Group N

Tracked down some good ones off a breaker on eBay quite chuffed with them actually! The plug you mean something to fill the whole in the middle there with the curved ends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk