GUIDE TO POSTING PICTURES
At present the GT4DC does not have the facility for Drivers galleries or a
space to upload Drivers pictures.
This document is an aid to assist Members in publishing their pictures.
WHAT ARE THE OVERALL STEPS TO TAKE?
Get your picture onto your PC.
Find some web space.
Upload your picture to your web space.
Link from your web space to the forum.
GET YOUR PICTURE ONTO YOUR PC
Your picture needs to be in an electronic format so that it can be displayed on the internet. To this end the picture could be scanned or downloaded from a digital camera onto your computer
FIND SOME WEBSPACE
ISP - Internet Service Provider
Most Internet Providers give your some web space as well as providing you with your Internet connection. You could use this space to "host" files and link from the Forum to this space provided by your Internet Provider.
There are other places to host pictures from such as;
- If your Internet Provider gives you some free web space then they will almost certainly give you the settings in order to gain access to this web space to upload your pictures.
- Quite often the settings for this are on their homepage under "Help", "Support" or "Settings".
- Often you will need to insert your username and password into a "program" that you use to upload your pictures to your web space. Normally this is the same as either login to your Internet Provider or the login for your e-mail account.
HOW DO I UPLOAD MY PICTURES?
- In order to post pictures onto the Forum, the pictures need to be hosted on some web space, identified above
- You can upload to your web space using either a fancy FTP program or simply by using Windows Internet Explorer or a similar Browser. Your ISP will be able to provide you with your FTP details.
7.DISPLAYING A PICTURE ON THE FORUM
- To display a picture on the Forum and link to the pictures you have uploaded to your web space you will need to insert the following code into a post on the Forum:
- The text in red requires to be altered by you! (Note that the "http://" needs to be included in order to ensure the link functions correctly).
- To simply display a picture, the following code is used:
- If you wanted to create a link to
your pictures from the Forum by just using text, the following code is used,
(no picture is displayed, just the text in red):
- To create a link to some pictures with a brief description, such as "my picture", the following code is used: